FlexMod Digital RF Modulator and Ultra Wideband Converter
The FlexMod Digital Modulators with Integrated RF Upconverter when incorporated with the appropriate PC software and Interface provides a cost effective, configurable, high performance method of producing a Digital RF carrier from a transport stream. Some applications include Video Spoolers, ENG Transmission, Set-top box testing, Catv, Satellite, LMDS, MMDS, and with the appropriate Test Streams Conformance Testing.
The compact drive bay format will fit in a 1 RU computer or OEM chassis. The FlexMod can be run standalone for integration into OEM products or packaged into compact computer housing. The units are available with a DVB Parallel or ASI input.
The state of the art design allows for high signal to noise ratios and low spurious outputs. The simple RS-232 serial Interface and protocol allows a user to preset values for carrier frequency, symbol rate, FEC Etc. Non-Volatile storage allows for “Instant on Configuration” All modulator parameters are implemented in an FPGA and can be programmed to meet changing customer and market requirements.
· DVB Parallel or ASI Transport IN to QPSK or QAM modulation out
· Covers the following IF Frequencies 38Mhz 45Mhz 70Mhz 140 Mhz
· CATV Frequencies from 5Mhz to 860Mhz and L-Band from 950Mhz to 1525Mhz
· Phase Noise –90 at 1 Khz offset
· 14 bit 400Mhz DAC
· CAN BE Run Standalone or in a computer Drive bay
· All DVB & CATV CONSTELLATIONS, FEC, FILTER ROLL OFFS AVAILABLE
· NON VOLATILE MEMORY with HIGH SPEED CONFIGURATION VIA SERIAL PORT
· 2.5 PPM 10 MHZ TCXO REFERENCE ONBOARD
· WIDE RF MODULATION BANDWIDTH to 36 MHZ
· SYMBOL RATES 9 MSymbols QAM 30 MSYmBOLS QPSK
· ATTRACTIVELY PRICED
· +5 and +12 Volts AT UNDER 2 WATTS
· OCCUPIED SPACE 4 X 6 X 1 INCH
· Configuration and Control is RS-232
PCS Engineering, 325 Sharon Park Dr., #210 Menlo Park, Ca 94025 Tel: 650-854-5263